The allure of gold
Gold has been coveted for thousands of years. It’s always been considered special – think of gold medals and wedding rings – and has been bought, traded and stored as wealth for generations, around the world.
Physical gold is not only visually appealing but is also a finite resource which has many industrial and commercial applications. As the most malleable of all metals, it takes many forms: gold bars, jewellery, coins – and now as fractions of 0.001oz (0.0311 grams) of a gold bar through Signature™, making investing in gold more accessible to everyone.
Interesting facts about gold
- 90% of the world’s gold has been mined since the 1849 California gold rush
- In Fort Knox there are 4,600 tonnes of gold at the US Bullion Depositary, Kentucky
- Gold never rusts and is so pliable that it can be made into sewing thread
- It’s rarer to find a 1oz gold nugget than a 5ct diamond
- Gold is so rare that the world pours more steel in an hour than it has poured gold since the beginning of recorded history
- The world’s sea beds are a treasure trove, estimated to hold up to 15,000 tonnes of gold
How much will it cost?
You can purchase any amount of gold you like, in 0.001oz (0.0311 gram) units. The price you pay is the market spot price at the time of your purchase and a premium, the minimum order value is just £20.
- Buy - 0.33%
- Store - 0.5% + VAT *
- Sell - 1.00%
*The storage fee of 0.5% + VAT per annum is based on the average daily value of your total metal holding.
What you need to know
|Storage location||The Royal Mint|
|Storage management||The Royal Mint|
|Measurement level||0.001 Ounces|
|UK Tax status*|