Since first appearing in Geoffrey of Monmouth’s twelfth-century work Vita Merlini, Morgan le Fay has become a popular figure within Arthurian legend. Undergoing various interpretations and portrayals over the centuries, the character is commonly perceived as a dark and powerful enchantress by modern audiences.
In the early chronicles of Arthurian legend, Morgan le Fay appears as a benevolent healer and, in one instance, is said to transport King Arthur to the isle of Avalon and tend to his wounds following his final battle. Experienced coin designer David Lawrence has opted to portray the figure through a more sinister lens, wearing a winged headpiece and poised to inflict dark magic upon her enemies.
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999 fine silver
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Created by David Lawrence, the reverse design captures a dark and mystic portrayal of Morgan le Fay
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Morgan le Fay 2024 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||David Lawrence|
|Obverse Designer||Martin Jennings|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|