The Queen’s Beasts Collection brings ancient symbols of ancestry, power and heraldry to life on a series of prestigious coins. Acclaimed designer Jody Clark has reimagined the ten beasts that stood guard at the coronation of Her Late Majesty The Queen in 1953; each one representing a strand of ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned before the nation.
Combining investment with exceptional design, this popular series concludes with a design showcasing the majestic White Greyhound of Richmond. In 1449, Henry VI granted the earldom of Richmond to his half-brother Edmund Tudor. With this grant, Edmund received Henry’s permission to use a particular version of the Royal Arms featuring a white greyhound as a heraldic supporter. Edmund’s only son would become Henry VII when he defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485. The greyhound expressed both his Tudor and Lancastrian ancestry, through which he claimed the throne.
The shield the white greyhound is clutching shows the Tudor rose. Combining the red rose of Lancaster and the white rose of York, it symbolises how Henry VII united these warring houses, ending the Wars of the Roses. Artist Jody Clark captures the greyhound’s nobility, as well as its power and elegance. Featuring a secure chainmail background, the realism of the White Greyhound of Richmond is displayed to its fullest.
- Struck in a quarter-ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Both sides of the coin were created by prestigious designer Jody Clark
- Features a secure, detailed chainmail background texture
- Struck by The Royal Mint – the official mint of the United Kingdom
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- VAT free for non-VAT registered private individuals
- Packaged in a single coin capsule
The Queen's Beasts 2021 White Greyhound of Richmond 1/4 oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.25 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|