At The Royal Mint, tradition has long gone hand in hand with innovation. Our new bullion coin collection, inspired by myths and legends, explores enchanting stories that have been passed down through generations and are still celebrated today.
The collection first explores the story of Robin Hood, which began with the legend himself, and now focuses on his adventurous and quick-witted companion Maid Marian. Sometimes described as a woman of high stature but always a woman of the people, Maid Marian is said to have gathered valuable information that informed Robin Hood and his band of merry men in their adventures through Sherwood Forest. One more coin inspired by the tale will follow, featuring Robin Hood’s trusted companion Little John.
Maid Marian has been depicted in a design by Jody Clark standing watchful amongst the greenery of Sherwood Forest, stealthily observing through the trees with a bow and a quiver of arrows on her back, poised for action. Struck in 999.9 fine gold, each one ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce silver edition.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Myths and Legends bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features a modern interpretation of Maid Marian by Jody Clark
- Exempt from UK Capital Gains Tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Maid Marian 2022 1oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Additional Features||Micro-dot table texture|