Launched in 2021, the Myths and Legends Collection from The Royal Mint began with a three-coin series celebrating the famous tales of Robin Hood. The archer himself and Maid Marian appeared on the first two coins in the collection, and now the third coin in the series completes a trio of legendary characters with Little John, the trusted and reliable companion who is always ready to fight off foes and follow Robin Hood into battle.
For the designs in the Robin Hood inspired series, Jody Clark turned to the scenery of Sherwood Forest to represent different aspects of the characters. On this coin, the strength and steadfastness of the trees surround and symbolise Little John, who stands boldly at the centre of the design.
Struck in 999.9 fine gold, each one ounce coin is finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard, and is also available as a one ounce silver edition.
- Please note we have now stopped all production of Myths and Legends bullion coins which feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Each coin contains one troy ounce of 999.9 fine gold
- Struck to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Features a modern interpretation of Little John by Jody Clark
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
Little John 2022 1oz Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|