Our Top Five Facts About Christmas puddings
The good old Christmas pudding is a firm favourite for families to finish off a Christmas dinner, but you may be surprised to find out that the dish has a colourful history behind it.
We’ve put together our top five facts about our favourite festive dish, which you can share with family or friends this December!
- Original Christmas puddings included meat, such as partridge or beef
- The Christmas Pudding was immortalised as a signature Christmas favourite in Charles Dickens’ novel ‘A Christmas carol’
- The pudding was originally made with 13 ingredients to represent Jesus and His 12 Disciples
- Although it contains no plums, the traditional Christmas pudding was also known as plum pudding
- The recipe calls for the pudding to be steamed and not baked, as many households did not originally have an oven
Do you have any other interesting facts about Christmas to share with us? Use the hashtag #stirupsunday and share your story.