Our popular Queen’s Beasts Collection continues with the release of the latest bullion coin, featuring the White Horse of Hanover. At Her Late Majesty The Queen’s coronation in 1953, ten imposing statues lined her entrance to Westminster Abbey, each one standing guard to represent her ancestors. The White Horse came to Her Late Majesty through her Hanoverian predecessors. In 1714, Georg Ludwig, ruler of the German duchy of Hanover, succeeded to the throne of Great Britain as George I. He brought with him the heraldry of the region including the device of a white horse on a red background.
Designer Jody Clark has highlighted the horse’s strong silhouette, a look befitting this magnificent heraldic beast. The badge on the horse’s shield bears the three lions of England, the lion of Scotland, the fleur-de-lis of France, the Irish harp and the Arms for Hanover.
Featuring a secure chainmail texture, the realism of the White Horse of Hanover is displayed to its fullest.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a one ounce and quarter-ounce gold edition.
- Struck in one ounce of 999.9 fine silver
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Both sides of the coin were created by prestigious Royal Mint designer Jody Clark
- Features a secure, detailed chainmail background texture
- Struck by The Royal Mint – the official mint of the United Kingdom
- Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
The Queen's Beasts 2020 White Horse Silver 2oz Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||2 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|