Following the success of our 2018 Britannia Bullion Collection, as we celebrated the expansion of our bullion business to Asia, The Royal Mint is excited to release the 2019 Britannia Oriental Border One Ounce Silver Bullion Coin.
The weight and quality of the coins are verified at the centuries-old Trial of the Pyx, held annually amidst the grandeur of Goldsmiths’ Hall in London. Britannia coins are CGT exempt in the United Kingdom.
Britannia has become a trusted symbol to investors since she first appeared on coins in the Far East in the nineteenth century. Here, Philip Nathan’s classic depiction of Britannia is flanked by a new ornate oriental border, inspired by the Chinese-themed rooms at Buckingham Palace and the Royal Pavilion in Brighton. This coin also marks The Royal Mint’s previous and prestigious site in Tower Hill becoming home to the newest and biggest Chinese embassy.
The Britannia 2019 Oriental Border Coin is also available as a one ounce gold edition.
- The obverse features the portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Jody Clark on a guilloche background
- Struck in one ounce of 999 fine silver
- This coin is a fusion of British and Chinese culture and is minted to bullion standard
- The reverse features the internationally recognised Britannia design by Philip Nathan
- Capital Gains Tax exempt (UK)
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- A limited mintage of 50,000
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
Britannia 2019 Oriental Border 1 oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|