Pre-Arrival Information for Visitors
Welcome to The Royal Mint Experience. We want you to remain safe during your visit so please follow the below guidance.
- You will be required to complete a Health Questionnaire before arriving (all members of your party will need to complete). The tours involve a degree of walking and standing so you will need to be physically fit to undertake. If you have a pace maker fitted, you will need to inform us as magnetic frequencies are in operation in some of the areas you may visit. If you have a nut allergy, you will need to inform us as nuts are used in processes that you may encounter. You must be of age 16+ to attend the VIP tours. You will also need to show photo ID on your visit. All members of your group need to show photo ID and be of age 16 plus.
- There will be a requirement for you on your VIP tour to wear personal protective clothing, which will be provided for you. This may include high visibility vests, eye protection, ear protection, and safety footwear. Please note that you will need to wear closed-toe flat shoes.
- Prior to arrival please note that coins, smoking materials, cameras, electronic devices, storage devices, mobile phones, mobile devices, and laptops will not be allowed on to the main site. We advise that you do not bring these. These materials will be allowed in to the Royal Mint Experience building only.
- Whilst you are in the car park and on site, please used the marked pedestrian routes and zebra crossings at all times, and be aware of vehicle activity on site including fork lift trucks.
- When you arrive on site, report to The Royal Mint Experience.
- You will be greeted by a member of the team and directed to the welcome area for refreshments.
- You will be required to show photo ID and complete a Health Questionnaire.
- You will be taken through a Security and Safety briefing, and issued with a security pass. This will need to be worn at all times. Please expect to be challenged if you are not wearing your pass.
- You will be asked if you have any of the above mentioned prohibited items. We advise you do not have these but lockers can be provided. We also advise that you do not bring bags on site. These will be searched, and will not be allowed in to some areas of the tour.
- You will be accompanied at all times on your visit, so if you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please ask. We don’t want you to take any risks.
- Please consider your own safety at all times, but if you see any potential hazards during your visit, please let us know as this helps to prevent potential accidents.
- There are 2 alarm tests every week at 10am on a Monday, and 10am on Fridays. In the event of an alarm sounding at any other time, your Guide will accompany you to the appropriate assembly point. Please follow their instruction.
- If you feel unwell or have an accident during your visit, please tell your Tour Guide so that we can look after you appropriately.
Please remember that The Royal Mint is a high security and top tier COMAH site, meaning we have the potential for major accident hazards and major accidents to the environment to arise.
Instructions must be abided at all times.
Thank you for your co-operation. We hope you enjoy your visit.