On 6 February 2022, celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at The Royal Mint Experience, where we’re bringing out the bunting for a number of activities to mark this very special occasion.
Open from 8am until 8pm, with tours running every 20 minutes, you will have the opportunity to strike your very own Platinum Jubilee UK 50p coin featuring the commemorative Platinum Jubilee portrait of The Queen. You will be able to view our exhibition exploring Her Majesty’s reign through coins and we will be holding quintessentially British afternoon teas accompanied by live music.
Tickets cost £15.00 for adults, £11.00 for concessions (children, students and seniors) and are free for under 5s, with additional activities available to book separately.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
The Royal Mint Experience is open every day from 9.15 til 4.30.
Tours take place every half an hour:
Monday–Friday: first tour 10am; last tour 3pm
On 6 February The Royal Mint Experience will be open from 8am til 8pm
Conveniently located just four miles from Junction 34 of the M4, The Royal Mint Experience is just 20 minutes away from Wales’ capital city, Cardiff. Easy to get to and simple for visitors to find, our exhibition also has on-site visitor parking clearly signposted upon arrival. Best of all, our car park is free, suitable for both cars and coaches, and is also easily accessible for wheelchair users.
If you’re using a Sat Nav or a GPS navigation device, the postcode is CF72 8YT.
- Exit junction 34 of the M4, take the exit signposted to Llantrisant
- Follow the road through two sets of traffic lights and continue to the first roundabout
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit and continue through two sets of traffic lights to the second roundabout
- At the second roundabout, take the second exit
- Continue to the next roundabout, taking the fourth exit
- Continue straight on and take the third left to arrive in The Royal Mint Experience car park
By bus and train
The closest train station to The Royal Mint is Pontyclun which is approximately four miles from The Royal Mint Experience. There are frequent train connections to Cardiff Central but we advise booking a local taxi firm from Pontyclun to complete your journey. We can provide local taxi firms; please call 0333 241 2223 for assistance.
The closest bus stops are:
- To/from Pontypridd: Parc Busnes Edwards (4 minute walk from us)
- To/from Cardiff: Ely Valley Road, Ynysymaerdy Industrial Estate (12 minute walk from us)
To plan your route in advance, visit www.traveline.cymru or call Traveline Cymru on 0300 200 2233 for assistance.