Nicola Howell, Executive Director at The Royal Mint comments: “Last month we experienced a 40% rise in interest from new customers looking to invest in precious metals (from 1st - 31st July) compared to the same period last year. As a result of the heightened investor interest, we have also seen a doubling of gross profits since the 1st April this year, compared to last year.
“Precious metals have a long-standing reputation as “safe haven” assets, whereby they have the ability to provide an additional layer of protection to investment portfolios when stock markets are more volatile. We attribute this growing consumer appetite as a reaction to continued market turbulence, ongoing political tensions around the world, and Brexit uncertainty and confusion in the UK, as investors look to safeguard their investments.
“What’s more, yesterday the US Federal Reserve ended July by cutting interest rates for the first time since the financial crisis ten years ago in what was a widely anticipated move that had triggered a steady rise in the price of gold over the last month, leading it to hit record highs. Whilst yesterday's announcement did not result in an immediate spike in the price at the time of writing, we would not be surprised to see gold hit another milestone in the not so distant future as investors around the world continue to view it as a trusted and reliable asset.
“For investors who are interested in starting their gold investment journey, more information can be found on The Royal Mint's website. We can also help you to liquidate any existing holdings via our Buy Back service".
The Royal Mint Buy Back Service - Step by Step
1) Submit a quotation - Visit our dedicated buyback page on our Royal Mint Bullion website or call our customer service team on 0345 600 5014.
2) Quote sent via email - You'll receive a quote containing the offer price for your bullion products via the email address used for your account.
3) Review your quote - Once you have received the quotation, you can choose to either accept or reject it by responding to the email.
4) Send in your bullion - Instructions will be provided by the customer service team via email regarding the delivery of your precious metals to us, or an arranged drop off with an approved partner. All bullion will be assay tested for authenticity.
5) Receive payment to your bullion account - Once your precious metal item has proved its authenticity, funds will be deposited into your bullion account.
6) Re-invest or withdraw your funds - Your new funds can be used to either buy more bullion or can be withdrawn back to your personal bank account.