The last release in The Royal Mint’s Landmarks of Britain Collection is the Buckingham Palace one-ounce silver bullion coin.
Standing at the top of the tree-lined avenue known as The Mall, at the very heart of London, is Buckingham Palace, the British monarch’s main official residence.
With nearly 800 rooms and 40 acres of grounds, the palace is one of Britain’s most iconic buildings. Originally a town house built by The Duke of Buckingham, it was purchased by George III for his wife Queen Charlotte in 1761, before his son George IV commissioned the architect John Nash to renovate it as a palace. Queen Victoria would become the first monarch to use Buckingham Palace as their official residence in 1837. Stepping out onto the famous balcony during the celebrations for the opening of the Great Exhibition in 1851, she started a tradition that endures to the present day.
A firm favourite with tourists, you can tell when Her Majesty The Queen is in residence because the Royal Standard flies on the flagpole. And if you visit at the right time, you can even see inside: the palace is open to the public for ten weeks every summer. For those lucky enough to receive an invite, up to 50,000 people visit the palace each year as The Queen’s guests at banquets, lunches, dinners, receptions and garden parties.
Continuing the success of the Landmarks of Britain Collection, we are excited to reveal a bullion coin featuring the latest design by Royal Mint coin designers Glyn Davies and Laura Clancy. This one-ounce silver coin presents a new investment opportunity in the range.
The Landmarks range also includes Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Trafalgar Square
- An exclusive bullion coin from the Landmarks of Britain collection
- Struck in one ounce of 999 fine silver
- The coins are presented in capsules
- A limited production of 50,000
- The Buckingham Palace reverse design has been created by Royal Mint coin designers Laura Clancy and Glyn Davies
- The obverse features the latest definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark
- The fourth in a series of coins depicting the iconic buildings and monuments of Britain
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
Landmarks of Britain 2019 Buckingham Palace 1 oz Silver Bullion Coin
|Alloy||999 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Glyn Davies & Laura Clancy|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Silver|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|