Our flagship bullion coin range returns to honour the remarkable legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Sovereign has long been associated with British kings and queens, and this memorial edition pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth II, whilst heralding the dawn of a new era for the monarchy. For the first time in the history of The Sovereign, the coin features the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King on its obverse. The reverse honours Queen Elizabeth II with a rare change of design, as Benedetto Pistrucci’s St George and the dragon makes way for Jody Clark’s stunning representation of the Royal Arms.
This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.
- Our Memorial Sovereign bullion coin range has ceased production and we have limited stock remaining
- A memorial bullion edition of our flagship coin
- Bears the definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time
- Jody Clark’s skilful representation of the Royal Arms features on the reverse of the coin
- Struck in 22 carat gold and finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt for UK residents
The Memorial Double Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin
|916.67 Fine Gold
|Pure Metal Type
|Pure Metal Content
|0.47 Troy Oz
|Single Coin Capsule