The Sovereign is The Royal Mint’s 22 carat gold flagship coin and has been a constant of British coinage, admired and trusted through times of change. It features Benedetto Pistrucci’s original St George and the dragon design and for 2017 has the addition of a privy mark on the reverse to acknowledge its 200th anniversary.
This bullion coin is an investment piece and the weight and quality is verified at the Trial of the Pyx - an exacting independent trial dating back to at least 1282.
The exceptional purity of The Sovereign’s 916.7 gold means it is CGT exempt in the United Kingdom and VAT free in the UK and European Community. These coins are presented in a 25 coin tube. Being UK legal tender they are VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- UK legal tender
- Minted to bullion standard
- The obverse bears the definitive fifth coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Features a distinctive 200th anniversary privy mark
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Packaged in a 25 coin tube
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
The Sovereign 2017 Gold Bullion Twenty Five Coin Tube
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Benedetto Pistrucci|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||0.235 Troy Oz|