Revived in 1817 in the wake of the Napoleonic wars, The Sovereign has acquired a reputation as the ‘chief coin of the world’. Struck in 22 carat gold and tightly specified to four decimal places, it is trusted and respected wherever it is presented. The Sovereign 2020 features Benedetto Pistrucci’s depiction of St George and the dragon, a design that is synonymous with our flagship coin.
The release of this year’s Sovereign coincides with the 200th anniversary of the first modern Double-Sovereign. This larger coin gave engravers like Pistrucci and William Wyon even greater scope to showcase their artistry and ambition. To mark the occasion, we have added a Double-Sovereign to the bullion range for the first time.
Invest in the ‘chief coin of the world’
Gold bullion has been chosen as an investment by individuals, governments and organisations for thousands of years. In more recent times, people have considered it a hedge against stock market volatility and geopolitical events. With gold more accessible than ever before, could now be the right time to diversify your investment portfolio?
The Sovereign 2020 range also includes a gold Sovereign and Half-Sovereign bullion coin.
- Struck in 22 carat gold
- Minted to bullion standard
- The obverse bears the fifth definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Features the classic reverse design of St George and the dragon
- An unlimited mintage
- VAT free and Capital Gains Tax exempt
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
The Double Sovereign 2020 Gold Bullion Coin
|Alloy||916.67 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Benedetto Pistrucci|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|