Britannia represents an enduring Bullion investment. The weight and strength of the coins are verified at the centuries-old annual Trial of the Pyx. Britannia coins are CGT exempt in the United Kingdom and VAT free in the UK and European Community as a UK currency.
Sculptor Philip Nathan, the designer of the first Britannia bullion in 1987, envisaged her as a classic and evolving icon. In this classic design she stands firm against a powerful gale which whips around her shield, Corinthian helmet and olive branch.
The 2018 Britannia range coins are available as single Gold 1 oz coins, ½ oz coins, ¼ oz coins and 1/10 oz coins. They are also available in Silver 1 oz coins.
Tubes are available for 1 oz Gold coins (10 coins per tube) and 1 oz Silver coins (25 coins per tube).
- Struck to bullion standard
- 1 oz of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- VAT free for non VAT registered private individuals
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
* Bullion product prices displayed include the precious metal price and any applicable premium. Any promotions or discounts are applied to the premium above the precious metal price only and not on the metal price itself.
Britannia 2018 1 oz Gold Coin
|Alloy||999.9 Fine Gold|
|Reverse Designer||Philip Nathan|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clark|
|Pure Metal Type||Gold|
|Pure Metal Content||1 Troy Oz|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|