Join in the Diamond Jubilee celebrations by entering The Royal Mint competition to win Diamond Jubilee Medals. Submit a drawing entitled ‘The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee’ – this could be anything from a portrait of The Queen to a street party with bunting. Only one entry per class. There will be three winning entries, with each class receiving Diamond Jubilee medals for each of its pupils as the prize (up to a maximum of 35 medals per class). The closing date is now extended until 23 March 2012. Please post your entry to:
The Royal Mint
Diamond Jubilee Drawing Competition,
PO Box 500, Pontyclun CF72 8BR
The winners will be announced in the April issue of the PTA Magazine. Please include your contact details on the back of your drawing.
Click here to order your medals
By entering you accept the below terms and conditions:
1. The competition ("Competition") is open to schools resident in the United Kingdom. Employees and the immediate families of The Royal Mint Limited, Matthew Dent Design Limited, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition are expressly excluded from entry. All entries should be submitted via post to: The Royal Mint, Diamond Jubilee Drawing Competition, FREEPOST NAT23496, PO Box 500, Pontyclun, CF72 8BR.
2. By successfully submitting to the Promoter a drawing all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and be bound by, these terms and conditions (the "Terms") and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material as if they were set out in these Terms. Any breach of these terms may lead to your disqualification from the Competition. To enter the Competition, you must send a clearly signed drawing with your school's and class name to: The Royal Mint, Diamond Jubilee Drawing Competition, FREEPOST NAT23496,PO Box 500, Pontyclun, CF72 8BR.
3. The Promoter is The Royal Mint Limited of Llantrisant, Pontyclun, CF72 8YT. The Royal Mint Limited is a wholly owned company of the British Government and is the official Government Mint of the United Kingdom.
4. The Competition is an opportunity for 3 classes to win a Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Medal for each pupil in the winning classroom ("Prize"). Number of pupils in classroom must be specified by Headteacher of the school but shall not exceed 35 pupils per classroom. Only one entry per class.
5. The closing date for the receipt of all entries is 9 March 2012 ("Closing Date"). No purchase is necessary. No third party or bulk entries.
6. All drawings submitted to the Promoter must be an original idea and creation of the participant. Copying of any pre-existing image is not acceptable, whether visually or by tracing. Any entries which breach the intellectual property rights of a third party (e.g. exhibiting third party brand names) may not be used.
7. Entries will not be returned to the participants by the Promoter and will be the property of the Promoter. Copyright and all other rights and interests in each entry will be and are hereby assigned to the Promoter.
8. Participant schools agree that, as a condition of entry into the Competition, they must supply the following details for online entries: school and classroom name, address, e-mail address and telephone number and age group of the class; written entries will require: school and classroom name, address, telephone number and age group of the class. Participant schools must supply the full details required and comply with all rules to be eligible for the Prize.
9. Responsibility cannot be accepted for incomplete, delayed, wrongly delivered, damaged, ineligible or fraudulent entries or those not received for whatever reason. Proof of posting for postal entries is not proof of receipt. Prize must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative to Prize will be offered and the Prize is not transferable.
10. The drawings will be judged by the Promoter after the Closing Date. Winners will be announced in April's edition of PTA Magazine and after 28 days of Closing Date.
11. In making its decision, the Promoter will take into account creativity/artistic merit as well as the relevance to the theme "The Queens' Diamond Jubilee". The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all matters concerning the Competition, including any matters not covered here, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
13. The winning classrooms' name, school and address will be available 28 days after Closing Date. If a winning participant is not contactable, the Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to award the Prize to another participant classroom or to forfeit the Prize.
14. The winning classrooms will have their drawings, together with the school and classroom name and age group of the winning class reproduced in April's edition of the PTA Magazine, published on the Promoter's website and used for internal newsletters and presentations. . By entering into the Competition you agree to your entry being publicized as set out above.
15. The Promoter assures the participants that the Promoter will not publish or provide their contact details to anyone else without your permission, except for the purposes of administering the Competition.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries and withhold any Prize which may have been won if it believes that an entrant has not complied with these Terms. The Promoter further reserves its right to take appropriate legal action if necessary.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for entries corrupted, damaged, lost, delayed or not received for any reason whatsoever, and reserves the right to void any claim if they result from errors in printing, email or database failure or fraud.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms in circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control without prior notice.
19. These Terms are made under the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings or disputes in connection with the Competition.