Over 1,000 years in business
The Royal Mint’s history can be traced back to Anglo-Saxon London, c900AD. Much has changed and been accomplished over the centuries, yet through it all our founding principles of absolute integrity and excellence have remained undiminished.
- Unbroken history
- Trusted by monarchs and governments with Britain’s coinage for over 1,000 years
- Continuous innovation
- Expertise in precious metal coin manufacture and distribution
Trusted all over the world
As well as an unbroken 1,000-year history of making Britain's coins, we have also been entrusted with the currencies of over 100 countries around the world, relationships that continue to this day and make us the world’s leading export mint.
- Centuries of experience in global financial markets
- Royal Mint coins currently account for 15% of global coin demand
- The Pound Sterling renowned as a global 'power' currency
Every bullion coin you buy from The Royal Mint contains the benefit of over 1,000 years of coin manufacture and quality assurance, brought to life with the most modern of production techniques and delivery services.
- The Sovereign is the most tightly specified bullion coin in the world
- All coin specifications protected by Act of Parliament
- Independently verified quality standards
To discuss your needs with our team
All information contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.
Bullion markets can be volatile and the value of Bullion may fluctuate dependent on the market value. As such, investments in Bullion involve a degree of risk which may make them unsuitable for certain persons. Before making any investment decision, you may wish to seek advice from your financial, legal, tax and accounting advisers. You should carefully consider the risks associated with investing in Bullion taking into account your own individual financial needs and circumstances.