31k plus excellent benefits
(Fixed Term 12 months)
Quote Reference: - 2013/052
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Project Manager to join us. You will project manage the commissioning plan for our Water Treatment Plant (WTP) and implement the engineering works to comply with the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR).
- Taking responsibility for a team of project engineers
- Ensuring projects are fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed
- Accounting for engineering tasks to ensure they meet contract requirements
- Developing project-specific procedures for the work to be carried out
- Interpreting requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented
- Ensuring all justifications for contractual variations during projects are maintained to support subsequent commercial claims
- Evaluating, organising and prioritising work within the overall project schedule
- Liaising and managing third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose
- Drafting contract administration correspondence
Safety, Health & Environment Responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of SHE standards
- Maintains thorough knowledge of safety work procedures and rules
- Ensure the people within your team fully understand their legal health, safety & environmental responsibilities
- Drive and promote understanding of relevant COMAH requirements within the area
- Develop and implement relevant SHE training, involvement and communication systems
- Accountable for ensuring all actions from SHE Inspections are completed on time and progressed through
- Ensure robust risk assessments and standard operating procedures are carried out in the area and are adhered to
- Lead cross functional teams to ensure risks are mitigated and respond quickly where difficulties arise or new risks are introduced
- Consider the SHE implications of day to day business decisions including introducing new processes, new working practices or new employees
- Work with SHE team to implement new and changed legal requirements and to consider other external developments and events
- Where applicable, ensure the implementation of contractor management safety procedures
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR)
- Certified Apprenticeship
- Engineering Degree or HND or HNC qualified
- Extensive experience in production and maintenance engineering
- Extensive experience in project management and project planning
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Experience of the production unit manufacturing techniques, processes and equipment
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a top tier COMAH production area
- Knowledge and experience of Water Treatment Plants (WTP)
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
To apply, please incorporate your Covering Letter with your CV, detailing relevant experience and qualifications. Please ensure you include your contact details.
The closing date is Thursday 13th February 2014 at midday.
Invitations to interview will be communicated by email. Should you not hear from us 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. The Royal Mint receives a high volume of applications, and regrettably, we are unable to provide feedback to applicants on an individual basis prior to the interview stage.
No agencies thank you.